- Aboriginal Education Centre – Wimmera Campus
- Part-time (0.4), fixed-term- appointment to December 2020
- HEW 6 – $78,551 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation.
- Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ may apply
About Federation University Australia
FedUni is regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 staff committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for overall employability, teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Aboriginal Education Centre you will play a pivotal role supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students through their studies providing support and advice and collaborating with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations and other Aboriginal services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- providing advice and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students on services and supports available
- coordinating the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) and other programs;
- develop relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external support services supporting the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students; and
- provide cultural consultancy on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student enrolment, progression and completion across the university
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, cultures and current issues influencing education and learning;
- skills and experience in working with a diverse range of students and their families in case management in and educational setting; and
- current drivers licence and preparedness to travel to assist students at other campuses, at times with short notice.
In accordance with the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Workforce Strategy, Policy and Procedure; and under Special Measures Section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010; the University has designated this position as a targeted Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ position.
Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ can apply.
Federation University Careers
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
Federation University Australia is committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ careers at all levels of the University. Our key objective is creating a work environment where staff are valued and where there are opportunities for renewal, career development and leadership.
For more information on Careers at Federation University, please visit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment , available at federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Friday, 31 January 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849352.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.