- Academic Services and Support Directorate – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 4 - $60,907 to $65,151 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
- Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ may apply
About Federation University Australia
Federation University is regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 staff committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for overall employability, teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator – Work Integrated Learning, the Support Officer will contribute to the administration of work integrated learning functions within Schools. You will be responsible for the support of student placements, internships, projects, overseas study tours and international exchange programs.
Your responsibilities will include contributing to the:
- Collection and verification of Work Integrated Learning student and agency documents;
- Financial administration including processing payments, monitoring expenses, and maintaining accurate records;
- Planning, establishing and maintaining efficient and effective record-keeping processes, filing systems and databases;
- Communicating with students, placement providers and Schools using a variety of channels, to ensure compliance for students undertaking Work Integrated Learning;
- Producing student handbooks and information guides for placement and program accreditation; and
- Monitoring and maintaining the University Work Integrated Learning website.
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent;
- A combination of relevant qualifications and work experience;
- Proficient skills in administration, including the ability to plan, set up and maintain efficient and effective record-keeping, filing systems and databases;
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining strict confidentiality;
- Proven Microsoft Office skills, in particular MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and ability to use other relevant applications; and
- Organisational skills prioritising workloads and meet tight deadlines whilst paying attention to detail.
In accordance with the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Workforce Strategy, Policy and Procedure; and under Special Measures Section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010; the University has designated this position as a targeted Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ position.
Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ can apply.
Federation University Careers
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
Federation University Australia is committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ careers at all levels of the University. Our key objective is creating a work environment where staff are valued and where there are opportunities for renewal, career development and leadership.
For more information on Careers at Federation University, please visit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment , available at federation.edu.au.
At Federation University we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 22 September 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing a Job Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849296.pdf
For additional support or information please contact Katrina Beer, Indigenous Workforce Partner on 03 5327 9244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.