- Student Connect – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until July 2020
- HEW 6- $78,551 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study for over 23,500 students, and 1,300 continuing staff members who are committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates and teaching quality, and Victoria’s number one for student support, skills development and educational experience, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator, Community and Business, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with external stakeholders and host organisations, delivering support to students in regard to career development and counselling. Your main objective is to maintain and increase engagement with host organisations, to give graduates a competitive edge with relevant practical experience within their chosen career, which will contribute to student retention and success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing and maintaining professional relationships with stakeholders in the business sector to increase opportunities for students to participate in workplace experience;
- participating in marketing and promotional activities to prospective and current students to establish new placement opportunities;
- working collaboratively to implement the student placement marketing plan;
- assisting in the recruitment and on-boarding of students into placement programs; and
- undertaking pre-placement administration and visits with industry and University to ensure all obligations are met.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience working collaboratively with the business sector to create opportunities for student placements;
- experience in the promotion and marketing of programs;
- ability to develop, maintain and record, professional relationships and networks across to maximise support and experiences for students; and
- demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to interpret reports and make recommendations, use evaluation tools, make recommendations to services based on changes to industry trends, and client feedback.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 20 October 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849282.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.