Student Connect – Mt Helen Campus
Part-time (0.6), fixed-term appointment until April 2020.
About Federation University Australia
Headquartered in the vibrant regional city of Ballarat, the University offers programs in Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training to regional Victoria and beyond. The University has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. Its regional character sets the framework for the University’s priorities but does not constrain it from serving wider community interests, nationally and internationally.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the successful implementation of the Student Loans Fund policy and procedure.
• Providing welfare based advice and support on financial literacy education to students.
• Coordinating the free tax-help program provided to eligible students.
• Referring clients to the appropriate support services or agencies to assist with specific personal, academic, or financial issues.
• Developing and facilitating a non-accredited financial education workshop that will support improved retention and student development.
• Providing support for the marketing, administration, and distribution of equity bursaries and grants as required.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
• Ability to administer loans, grants, or emergency aid to eligible clients in accordance with policy guidelines.
• Ability to provide individual financial literacy education and support to clients with limited financial resources.
• Experience referring clients to internal or external service providers for specialist personal, financial, or academic support.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse client group, including international, refugee and migrant students.
• Understanding of the Higher Education sector and a demonstrated ability to work within an institutional context.
This is your opportunity to be part of a community of committed and passionate staff making a real contribution to enhance the student experience.
Salary $66,211 to $74,559 p.a. (pro-rata) plus superannuation.
Appointments will normally be at the base of the salary range.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 28 July 2019
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849271.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.