Student Progress and Success Officer
Job no: 849268
Location: Mt Helen Campus, Ballarat Campuses
School/Area: University Registrar's Directorate
University Registrar’s Directorate – Mt Helen Campus
Full-time, continuing appointment.
About Federation University Australia
Headquartered in the vibrant regional city of Ballarat, the University offers programs in Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training to regional Victoria and beyond. The University has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. Its regional character sets the framework for the University’s priorities but does not constrain it from serving wider community interests, nationally and internationally.
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing accurate and timely advice to students in managing their enrolment, including course structures and progression, leave of studies and withdrawals, advanced standing, special considerations, credit, results and program eligibility
- Providing assistance in the resolution of student matters
- Assessing applications against admissions criteria and program requirements to determine selection
- Ensuring all relevant information, advice and decisions are accurately recorded in the Customer Relationship Management System and reflected in Student Management and Information Systems in line with service protocols.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact and establish working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to research, analyse, interpret and evaluate information.
- The ability to maintain efficient and effective record-keeping and filing systems.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and achieve goals.
What is in it for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with the students on a daily basis and make a real difference to their experience at FedUni.
Salary $66,211 to $74,559 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
Appointments will normally be at the base of the salary range.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 21 July 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849268.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time