Children's Centre Cook
Job no: 849264
Location: SMB Campus
School/Area: Campus Life
Campus Life – SMB Campus
Part-time (0.8), fixed-term appointment until February 2020.
About Federation University Australia
Headquartered in the vibrant regional city of Ballarat, the University offers programs in Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training to regional Victoria and beyond. The University has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. Its regional character sets the framework for the University’s priorities but does not constrain it from serving wider community interests, nationally and internationally.
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and prepare nutritious menus for morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea for up to 80 children 6 weeks to 6 years of age.
- Plan and order delivery of required groceries supplies.
- Clean and maintain the kitchen and equipment to ensure food safety standards are met.
- Liaise with parents and staff on individual Children’s nutritional requirements.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A Level 2 Food Handlers Certificate and a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) Assessment.
- A sound knowledge of the Food Safety Act 1984.
- Ability to prepare menu are consistent with the current recommended daily dietary requirements and cover the appropriate food groups over the day/week.
If children, nutrition, culture, and community are important to you and you enjoy working with others to provide great food and service to children and families, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
Salary $50,323 to $52,336 p.a. (pro-rata) plus superannuation.
Appointments will normally be at the base of the salary range.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 28 July 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849264.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time