TAFE Teacher, Disability
Job no: 849237
Location: Mt Helen Campus
School/Area: FedUni TAFE
FedUni TAFE – Mt Helen Campus
Full-time, fixed-term appointment till June 2020
FedUni TAFE is a leading Australian vocational education and training provider committed to innovative high quality teaching and learning designed to meet the challenges of the modern workplace. Students engage in practical applied learning which gives them the skills they need to be job-ready and excel in their careers. Each year FedUni TAFE offers courses from foundation skills and entry level qualifications to higher education degrees.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Disability teacher to join our passionate team of educators. This is your opportunity to join one of Victoria’s oldest educational institutions and contribute to its continued growth and development.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, prepare, deliver and assess training programs in accordance with training packages and/or course requirements
- Develop and deliver innovative learning activities and assessment strategies both online and on campus for our Disability programs
- Conduct assessments in Disability programs; and
- Develop relationships and proactively engage with industry and professional bodies to enhance our programs and community connections.
What you’ll need:
- A TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or upgraded TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
- A qualification in Disability Services; the Certificate III, Certificate IV, diploma or degree level combined with an approved number of years industrial/professional experience.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to negotiate and provide guidance and mentoring to a diverse range of students and clients
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise online learning platforms and technologies to engage students and facilitate positive learning outcomes.
Are you looking to share your industry skills, outstanding knowledge and experience to deliver engaging courses and be part of our student’s journey realising their full potential?
The salary is within the TAFE Teacher L1.1 to L3.4 range $67,418 to $95,586 per annum depending on qualifications and experience plus 9.5% superannuation.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 21 July 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849237.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time