- International – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for three years
- HEW 8 - $97,100 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study for over 23,500 students, and 1,300 continuing staff members who are committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates and teaching quality, and Victoria’s number one for student support, skills development and educational experience, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, International you will lead the University’s International Admissions Office providing strategic advice and implementing procedures to ensure the University meets its both its requirements and objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- implementing systems and procedures to facilitate efficient processing of student applications;
- creating and delivering high-level analytical reports on international admissions data;
- reviewing, recommending and implementing the continuous improvement of the University’s international admissions process;
- managing the international admissions office enhancing productivity through strategic staff planning and allocation of resources;
- conducting regular market analysis to inform and develop recommendations for improving the processing of international applications; and
- ensuring admissions policy and procedures are aligned with the goals and strategic plans of the University.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- leadership of the recruitment life cycle for international students;
- track record of effectively leading, managing and driving performance of a team;
- written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to build relationships, consult and negotiate with clients and colleagues;
- experience in complex data analysis and high level reporting; and
- highly developed organisational, planning and problem solving skills.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 20 October 2019
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing a Job Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849215.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.