Careers at FedUni
Our online recruitment system is currently unavailable
Federation University Australia is among a number of organisations who may have been impacted by unauthorised activity on systems provided by PageUp, the system we use at FedUni for recruitment activities.
We took the precautionary measure of disabling the system until we receive clear information from PageUp about the nature and extent of any potential impact. We made the decision that we would not reinstate the system until we were satisfied that the incident has been contained and that the FedUni system is secure.
PageUp has yet to identify the individual organisations or individuals impacted. It has, however, identified the data that has not been affected, and the data that may have.
PageUp has advised that the following types of data have not been impacted:
- Financial information
- Australian Tax File Numbers
- Employee performance reports
- Employment contracts
- Uploaded documents
PageUp has advised that the following types of data may have been impacted, if you used the PageUp system to apply for a job or promotion:
- Email addresses
- Physical addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Biographical details including gender, date of birth, and maiden name (if applicable), nationality, and whether the applicant was a local resident at the time of the application
- Employment details at the time of the application
- Usernames and passwords may have been accessed, but are protected using strong encryption methods.
FedUni takes data security seriously and we will keep you updated as we continue to investigate this incident.